2007年12月23日

My Preparation for Christmas: Food

As I mentioned before, we do not need to prepare any food for Christmas as we go back to Wales for Christmas and New Year so we can just put our feet up. hehe. However, sine I have learnt how to make an iced fruit cake I have got into a habit of making fruit cake for christmas. Some of our good friends tried the fruit cake I made at the wedding said it was one of the best cake they ever had so I thought it would be nice to give some cakes away as christmas presents. I really pushed myself to the limit this year by making one 6-inch, one 4-inch and 4 little fruit cakes, batches of cookies and mince pies. Looking at this picture may make you wonder that there is one cake short!! This is because the 6-inch cake I have made isn't a christmas cake but a birthday cake as Dylan's Dad's birthday is on 27th December. Dylan's mother always buys a cake for christmas so I now always make mine into a birthday cake. The decoration on this cake is daffodil as it's an emblem of Wales. It was tough to do the flowers as I don't have the proper tools. I could only make them with my hands and a few toothpicks. My small hands came in handy! I was going to make some gingerbread men but I was running out of time so I went for an easier option: pressed cookies. I wanted to make it more festive so I used the christmas tree disc for the cookies. Somehow I was feeling adventrous and wanted to make the cookies green as they were supposed to be christmas. Having healthy eating in my head, I went for green tea powder rather than green food colouring. When I showed Dylan the cookie dough before I put them into the oven, he was so horrible. I asked him,"What do you think this is?" He said spontaneously,"Turd" Well, to be fair, it does a bit but he shouldn't have said that.(cry......) When I told my colleague, Julie, about this, she said he was one brave man to mess with me. The 4-inch cake has gone to Julie. They do look like Christmas Trees, don't they?? I didn't take pictures of the mince pies as I was in such a rush to get everything ready. I have to thank my friend Jessie here because without her sending me the cookie bags and pretty food wrappers I wouldn't be able to present all the homemade food beautifully. Here is the hamper we put together for John and Roger (one each!) as we really appreciate them as friends, and also they did a brilliant job as photographers at our wedding which we can never thank enough. With a little gift tag I did on computer: Here's a hamper for Dylan's aunt, I really like that tin of biscuit from M&S because it looks so vintage:

沒有留言:

發佈留言

Share |

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails