2007年12月23日

My Preparation for Christmas: Christmas Cards

Hello everybody (whoever is reading this, hehe) I am in Wales now so I cannot write in Chinese. Dylan and I come back to Wales every year for Christmas and New Year so in general we don't need to prepare much for Christmas like most families do, e.g. buying fresh veg, turkey, stocking up booze and snacks etc. It used to be a bit like Chinese New Year in Hong Kong, shops shut for ages so people stocked up their cupboards but nowadays shops start their SALE on boxing day. I cannot understand why people still go mental on shopping groceries before Christmas. Anyway talking about my preparation, even though we don't need to worry about buying food, we still need to shop around for christmas gifts. What they tend to do is to buy a lot little ones as so called "stocking filler" and one big one as a main present. Buying one present is already a hard work so buying several for one person is even harder. Also when it comes down to me to do all the thinking and shopping is even much harder. You may be thinking why it comes down to me, to be fair, it's easier for me to do the shopping as I work in town and also it appears that I am more observant than Dylan so I seem to be able to come up with better idea than him, however my ideas still have to meet his approval otherwise I can't go ahead!!!! Everyone in the family is a grown up so it's difficult to buy as we all have more or less everything we need/want. I try to be thoughtful and come up with some homemade/handmade presents for them which you can't put a value on, hehe, so I normally get really busy and exhausted before christmas. I tend to make all the christmas cards unless I am short of ideas. Here are this year selections: For Dylan: A close up of the detail on the card (the litle keyring things were made from shrink plastic, a very magical craft material): For Dylan's brother: A close up on the card topper which was made from FIMO clay and brushed with pearlescent powder: For Dylan's aunt: The cat on the card was made out of FIMO clay and stuck on a little photo frame. The photo frame can be taken off so she can use it as a little decorative item around the house. For Dylan's Mum and Dad: The red poinsettia was made out of plain red and red glittered felt. I have made it into a brooch so Dylan's Mum can take it off after christmas and put it on somewhere (don't think it's nice enough to wear out)

2 則留言:

  1. 非常有心思的賀咭!
    is lovely!


    shar

    回覆刪除
  2. To Shar,

    Thanks! Are you doing anything nice for Christmas?

    Sammi

    回覆刪除

Share |

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails