2007年5月26日

To all brave mothers!

My parents have always been very supportive to any of my decisions ( I guess I haven't made any decision too silly, haha )I still remember when I talked about I wanted to go to Britain to continue my studies, we didn't even discuss about if I should go or not, I was only told to look into it and all of sudden everything was done and I was ready to go.

It was scary when I came over here on my own but I know I had all the mental support I need and also didn't want to let them down. Therefore I have grown stronger and stronger since then.

My mum flew to Britain to my graduation ceremony a couple of years ago. I believe it was the first time she flew such long distance. When she arrived she said to me, "I don't know how you did it when you flew here to study, you didn't even know anybody, at least I have got you to pick me up." To be honest, I don't know but one thing I am sure is it wasn't as tough as my mum's journey, at least I can speak a bit of English. I believe it took more courage for my mum to step on a plane and spend 13 hours to go to a country where she cannot speak the language.

Here's an article I read today about a brave mother flying all the way on her own from Taiwan to Costa Rica (flight change: 4 times!!)

Please click here for the article.

1 則留言:

  1. Hi!I posted a same article that u posted in ur blog yesterday. I can't help dropping my tears.
    It's love. The greatest love of all. :)
    Now I know why my mum feel so anxious about me when I'm flying to Germany.
    Nice meeting u.

    回覆刪除

Share |

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails